You will be treated with respect and as a partner in your care. Being a partner means you have responsibilities too.
- Ensure our patients have 24-hour access to medical advice.
- Aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional within 48 hours of your initial contact during surgery hours, or in an urgent case, the same day.
- Work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
- Involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care.
- The prevention of disease, illness and injury is a primary concern.
The medical staff will advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy lifestyle. We would respectfully ask that you:
- Let us know if you intend to cancel an appointment or are running late.
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect. Reception staff may have to ask some personal questions to assist us in providing you with the best service
- Inform the practice staff of any alterations in your circumstances, such as change of surname, address or telephone number. Please ensure that we have your correct telephone number, even if it’s ex-directory.
As patients, you are responsible for your own health and that of any dependents. It is important that you adhere to information and advice given to you by health professionals, and co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep you healthy.
The Practice believes that its staff, patients and others have a right not to be subjected to any kind of harassment or abuse. In order to protect and support staff, patients or visitors from any unacceptable behaviour, the Practice reserve the right to take appropriate action.
This can include
- Asking patients or relatives or others to modify their behaviour
- Requiring relatives or others to leave the premises if their behaviour compromise staff’s ability to provide an appropriate level of care to the patients in their charge.
- Reporting acts of harassment or abuse to the police.
The purpose of this policy is to protect staff, patients relatives and visitors from any form of harassment or bullying.